18 July 2008

I figured it out today, I think...

It seems if you go looking for the worst in life, you will find it. Sure there is all the evil out there (in the culture) but what about the good?

Warning: I am not a trained theologian, although some say those who seek after God are all theologians. Here are some ideas of mine;

Sin is a noun, it is not a verb (an action word). Sin is a condition. Separated from God and God’s desire for our communion with God and each other, with ourselves and with the environment.

The verbs, (to make) a mistake, to err, to (commit) a crime, etc. those actions are results of the separation and often speak to our “human nature.” I don’t think of those actions as “sin” in and of themselves but actions we choose as a result of our sinful/separated state.

I think infants are born innocent (never having yet made a mistake) but still born in the separated state to parents also in the separated state whom God placed in their particular time in history. If you are reading this, then you like me are here and now. This is our particular time in history.

For me pursuing God and the purpose to life all the while recognizing God's longing for me, are daily steps I take to help me narrow my separation gap.

Does this make any sense? It may be a simplistic way to look at the subject. But that is ok for now, because I am still working on it, all of it.

No comments: